Holomic LLC is a privately funded early-stage company in Los Angeles, California. We are a spinoff and licensee of UCLA, and we continue close collaboration with the research laboratory of Professor Aydogan Ozcan at UCLA. You can find more information about the company and the technologies involved at www.holomic.com (http://www NULL.holomic NULL.com/) and http://innovate.ee.ucla.edu/ (http://innovate NULL.ee NULL.ucla NULL.edu/).
To apply please send your resume to email@example.com (career null@null holomic NULL.com)
JOB TITLE: Principal Software Engineer
REPORTING TO: CEO
REPORTS: None initially
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Primary responsibility to develop and deliver production-grade software for Holomic products and meeting performance, schedule, and quality targets.
- This is the lead software engineering position in a startup company. A successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow with the company in a technical and/or managerial responsibility.
- Expert programmer in C/C++ and Java
- Expert in Android, Linux, and Windows operating systems
- Good understanding of object-oriented programming, architecture, and software design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, and problem solving
- Familiar with industrial software development cycle, documentation, and source code control with SVN
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineer or related field,
- 5+ years relevant work experience
- Must already have legal right to work for any employer in the US
- Must reside within a reasonable commute to Westwood in Los Angeles, California
HIGHLY DESIRED SKILLS:
- Proficient in Matlab.
- Image processing experience is a very strong plus
- Mobile application development experience ( Android and/or iPhone)
- OpenCV, Nokia Qt 4, and CUDA
- Database experience (basic SQL, MySQL, postgreSQL, or NoSQL)
- System administration experience (Linux or Unix)
- MVC, RESTful, or design pattern experience